Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It's been a while.

So it has been a while since I last blogged. I've been kind of out of the blog-o-sphere over the last few months, and after helping to start a blog at work lopressionism.blogspot.com I began to really miss it. Even after "what's his name" was name calling on my last post, I didn't really feel compelled to rebut in a new post. The purpose of this blog when I began it was to let people in on an atheist life. My life does not revolve around my lack of belief, even though sometimes I get caught up in feeling victimized by people who are ignorant. No, life is not about feeling bad or victimized by your differences, it's not about embracing your difference until they define you either. I am just a regular person trying to function in a regular world. I just happen to not share a common interest with the majority of the country (my atheism.) And to me, people worth knowing don't care. However, I would like to show those religious extemists that life doesn't have a because god said so, it has a "purpose" because we make it have one. I put quotations around purpose because as in my other posts I have admited that I think that in the grand scheme of things, life is generally pointless but a hell of a lot of fun. So, here I am, back to blogging an hopefully back to my original point of sharing my godless life with the interweb.

2 comments:

praiseNull said...

Hey, welcome back! We recently started up again over on our blog. Interesting that we all petered out and then started up again at roughly the same time. Must be some sort of atheist connection. (Nah.)

I noticed you hadn't posted in a while but hadn't noticed your bible-thumping fan. I think it's funny how you can tell someone you don't believe in god and then they quote the bible at you. Oh, really? Well hell, if someone I don't believe in dictated a book a few thousand years ago, had it translated into other languages, consolidated by an emperor and then revamped by a king...well, gee you have a great point that carries a lot of weight with me then!

I can't decide whether to be disappointed or relieved to not have those types commenting on our blog so far.

Lizzie said...

as strange as it may seem, i enjoy posts from everyone, even the bible thumpers. I just would like for people to be respectful of my beliefs. Thanks for reading my blog, I'll have to check out your again, i have to saw I missed it a lot.