Sunday, April 27, 2008

Name Calling

So I have recently gotten into a bit of a debate with a christian on a blog I frequent. The post was about how theists think that our lives have no meaning because we dont believe in a god. I made a sarcastic comment about the christian meaning of life that only atheists would really appreciate. This dude comments back saying how I am ignorant and full of hate. WTF. That argument may have had effected me when I was a third grade atheist, but now? That is just why most atheists dislike christian extremism. The only argument this person had was I am ignorant for not picking up a bible. god thinks I am a fool. I like a good religious discussion as much as the next girl, but I think if they want me to take them seriously then they must present evidence or arguments that I can relate too, just as I would try to present information they can relate to. Most likely, we will not believe each other, but, we will be able to relate to the information and better understand the others point. It is these kinds of people (the name callers) who I feel dont really understand what they believe, they follow the herd. The people who create a well put together argument, those are the theists who actually understand and things about their religion and what it means, and how it works. Ask questions, get answers. I really like the theists who ask me questions, and pay attention to what I say back. Just like I am sure they like how I ask questions and get responses. But not this person, nope, I am a poo-poo face for not believing in his god.

4 comments:

Faithinate said...

You're a god-hating doodyhead, eh? Sweeeet...

Anonymous said...

LOL! You Poo Poo.

That's normally the christian argument, we are ignorant for not picking up a bible. god thinks we are fools. Toppled off with 'youre going to hell.

They do the same towards ayone that doesn't follow christianity other faiths other religions.

Christians are bullies.

{Hey how have you been? Well I hope}

SecularEarth.com said...

Ah I know the debate to which you refer and tried hard to keep out of it.

As i recall his argument was that you do not know the bible. Well I know the bible, better than most christians I am sure and it reinforces my beliefs(or lack there of).

Brian said...

Christians like to be favored by the system. They get to preach hate against you all they want, but as soon as you even suggest that maybe they should just live and let live, they scream "PERSECUUUUUTION!!!!!!"